For no other reason than I feel the need to write a post about all the ‘firsts’ I’ve done this week.
- I scissor cut and clipper trimmed my husband’s hair. I’ve done the latter before but never the former. I watched several YouTube videos and my husband was gracious enough to say it was a better haircut than he normally gets from a salon or barbershop.
- Made scrumptious hamburger buns for our grilled burgers Sunday dinner. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness!
- Made oatmeal cinnamon raisin bread – an upgrade to my oatmeal sandwich bread recipe that I’ve made at least a half dozen times in the last three weeks.
- Terry converted his previously scheduled doctor’s appointment to a telehealth remote link. So we had to get his camera and microphone working on his computer last night. His doctor is using Zoom unfortunately, which is not secure and has been in the headlines this past week. I chastised the scheduling person stating that I work for a law firm and we are not recommending Zoom to our clients and strongly prohibiting its use internally. We successfully tested Terry’s setup and he’s ready for his appointment Tuesday afternoon.
- Low and slow – smoking a pork butt today on our pellet smoker (see photos below).
- Terry successfully connected remotely with his doctor, who was late, but eventually the chatted via Zoom for about 30 minutes.
- Enjoyed smoked pulled poke on homemade buns with smoked baked beans for dinner.
Have a wonderful evening and thanks for stopping by!