I met my self-imposed reading goal of seventy-five books read during 2011. That’s approximately twenty-five fewer books than I read in the previous two years, but only about two thousand pages off my normal pace.
Seventy-five books seems to be the maximum number I can read and still squeeze in exercise and employment.
Some of my favorite reads included the following (click on the link to see my review … if there isn’t a link it’s because I haven’t written a review yet):
- The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay(read in Jan 2011)
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Pat Rothfuss (read in Mar 2011)
- Stormed Fortress by Janny Wurts
- The Empire Trilogy by Feist and Wurts (read Summer 2011)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth(read in Aug 2011)
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (read in Dec 2011)
- Little Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- Initiate’s Trial by Janny Wurts
- Field of Dishonor by David Weber
I will set my reading goal for 2012 to 75 or 80 books. I am also limiting myself to only purchasing ebooks for my Nook Color. Another goal I’ve set for myself is to reduce the number of books I have in my house by reading and disposing of them (through donations most likely).