I met my self-imposed reading goal of seventy-five books read during 2011. That’s approximately twenty-five fewer books than I read in the previous two years, but only about two thousand pages off my normal pace.
Seventy-five books seems to be the maximum number I can read and still squeeze in exercise and employment.
Some of my favorite reads included the following (click on the link to see my review … if there isn’t a link it’s because I haven’t written a review yet):
- The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay(read in Jan 2011)
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Pat Rothfuss (read in Mar 2011)
- Stormed Fortress by Janny Wurts
- The Empire Trilogy by Feist and Wurts (read Summer 2011)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth(read in Aug 2011)
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (read in Dec 2011)
- Little Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- Initiate’s Trial by Janny Wurts
- Field of Dishonor by David Weber
I will set my reading goal for 2012 to 75 or 80 books. I am also limiting myself to only purchasing ebooks for my Nook Color. Another goal I’ve set for myself is to reduce the number of books I have in my house by reading and disposing of them (through donations most likely).
One thought on “A Few of My Favorite Things (My Best Books of 2011)”
Comments are closed.